Tokyo Denki UNIV. School of Engineering, Green Energy LAB.
|Address||5, Senjuasahicho, Adachi-ku, Tokyo 120-8551, Japan|
|Division||School of Engineering, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering|
|Exhibit highlight||We have proposed wind farm composed of a series-connected wind generators and a current-source thyristor inverter. The series-connected type wind farm can not only be expected to reduce construction and maintenance costs, but also has features such as high reliability and high quality electric power. In order to put this system into practical use, it is necessary to predict various characteristics of the wind farms under various wind speed conditions. At this exhibition, we will introduce the following contents.
1. Configuration and features of series-connected type wind farm
2. Experimental setup for experimental study on the series-connected type wind farm
3. Simulation results on the series-connected type wind farm
4. Wind turbine simulator using vector-controlled induction motor
5. Static wind turbine/generator simulator capable of simulating wind turbines of various characteristics